Hyatt has been named today to the 2018 FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For®” list, an annual ranking of companies with outstanding workplace cultures according to global research and consulting firm Great Place to Work and FORTUNE. Hyatt has earned a spot on the prestigious list for five consecutive years, ranking at No. 9 this year and jumping 86 places since its original list debut in 2014.
Rankings are based on survey responses from more than 310,000 employees rating their workplace culture on 50-plus elements of the workplace. These include trust in managers, compensation, fairness, camaraderie and workplace traits linked to innovation. The ranking accounted for the experiences of all employees including women, people of color, LGBT individuals, team members of various generations, and employees with disabilities.
“For more than 60 years, our workplace has been focused on caring for people, and that starts with our colleagues,” said Pete Sears, group president – Americas for Hyatt. “Rooted in a culture of empathy and understanding, our goal is to help Hyatt colleagues be their best, which in turn allows them to build genuine relationships with our guests and deliver unmatched experiences.”
Hyatt offers employees benefits and perks designed to allow employees to be their best, including:
- Travel perks including complimentary and discounted stays at Hyatt hotels around the world
- A global family assistance policy that provides employees with paid time off following the birth or adoption of a child as well as financial assistance for adoption
- Access to skills training and world-class education opportunities through Saba Cloud
- A diverse workplace, including many diversity business resource groups, that results in an environment where everyone can be their genuine selves at work
- Work-life benefits including exercise initiatives, on-site rest and relaxation and even meditation lounges, and flexible schedules
- Free or subsidized meals to hotel employees during work hours
This 2018 FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For®” recognition adds to a growing list of workplace accolades Hyatt received in the past year, including:
- No. 16 in 2017 World’s Best Workplaces – FORTUNE and Great Place to Work
- 2017 Gallup Great Workplace Award
- 50 Best Workplaces for Giving Back – FORTUNE
- 100 Best Workplaces for Women – FORTUNE
- No. 2 in 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity – FORTUNE
- Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality – Human Rights Campaign
- No. 1 on 50 Best Companies to Work For in Chicago – FORTUNE
- 2017 Governor’s Wellness Award for excellence in worksite wellness – WELLCOM (Hyatt’s Global Contact Center)
- Visionary Award for Enterprise Innovator – Hospitality Technology
This year marks the 21th anniversary of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For list, and 2018 winners continue to show that a high-trust culture for all fuels better business results. Great Place to Work research shows that list winners keep outperforming the stock market, beating industry rivals when it comes to talent retention and demonstrating higher levels of productivity than peers.